When the arteries and veins of the sinuses swell and expand, then there is a nasalinfection. This may lead to sinusitis. A lot of mucus, air and pus become entrapped in the nasal passage resulting in their blockage. A person suffering sinusitis experiences pain and extreme discomfort. The pain usually starts from below the eye region, moving towards the jaw area which can also be mistaken as being caused by either a headache or toothache.
Sinusitis can occur due to many reasons like allergies, bacterial, fungal and viral infections and the mucus that accumulates in the nasal passage. In Severe infections people may experience runny nose, fever and flu-like symptoms and bad breath along with the other mentioned ones since the nasal passage is lined with thick infected mucus. If these conditions are not treated at the right time, they become worse and eventually lead to serious complications.
By all means seek expect treatment and advice when you experience these symptoms but you can ease the pain or effectively treat the problem with a few natural treatments.
SOME NATURAL REMEDIES
- One major step towards treating a sinus problem through natural means is the nasal irrigation method in which the inflamed nasal passage is put to cool by performing thorough rinse. By this method, all the allergy developing materials, pollens and all other bacteria are effectively removed from the nasal passage.
- Another natural treatment approach for a sinus problem is the inhalation of steam through hot sink water or through hot shower. This has been proven to be immensely effective.
- One of the most effective ways to end a sinus problem and prevent its recurrence is to kill the causing agents present in the nasal passage by boosting the immune system. Boosting the immune system enables the body to naturally eject and kill all the causal agents. The most effective way of boosting the immune is by consuming citrus based products (we highly recommend organic or naturally planted citruses).
- Working on your nasal passage repeatedly by alternate hot and cold compression is also highly effective in easing sinus problems.
- Sinus problems can also be completely avoided by eliminating agents of allergic reaction from immediate environs. It is important to know the things that cause you to have allergic reactions. However in the event that you are not sure, a cup of hot brewed organic sour sop (graviola) tea every morning can effectively prevent allergic reactions of any kind.
By no means is this article suggesting that this is an absolute cure for sinus problems. View this more as a first aid approach though it is highly capable of curing you completely. However, if after three days, you do not see any improvement, you are advised to see physician immediately. If you found this article useful, feel free to share. It could be of help to someone suffering somewhere.